4/12/2006

Extreme Makeover

As you have surely noticed by now, I have completely renovated my blog. And I did it all without Ty Pennington's obnoxious help...

First of all, about the style change. I (as well as many others, I have come to find out...) was getting quite tired of the black. Considering all the content which I posted in the sidebars, my blog was becoming overly busy and, if I'm being completely self-disclosing, quite obnoxious. Therefore, I have donned the "Blue Mood" theme. I am excited about this theme, for it is entirely my own creation. From the color scheme, to the graphical design, the entire layout is original. While this obviously opens me up to the prospect of severe design criticism, I can at least take credit for whatever form a critique of the design might assume.

Secondly, the regular blog visitor will note that I have reduced the main page content quite significantly. I have jettisoned the quotes, reading list, cd list, and movie list. In their place, I have created link buttons at the top of the page to direct visitors to specific sub-pages that contain the information that I have removed from the main page. Hopefully, this change will allow for faster loading of the main page, as well as limit the amount of information that presents to the reader who may simply be trying to follow the most recent post.

Finally, because of some of the graphical elements of my design, I have been forced to part ways with compatibility with Internet Explorer. Although the site will still be functional in IE, it will not present the same aesthetic elements as with Firefox. Moreover, I have added a link for the user to download the Opera browser. I have found that it is, in many ways, even faster than Firefox. Moreover, it adds some interesting and appealing stylistic elements to more mundane elements (for example, see the "buttons" on the weekly poll in the left sidebar). Although the benefits of Opera are not signficant over those of Firefox, Opera is quickly rising in popularity and it would be in the Internet user's best interests to begin to familiarize themselves with all that Opera has to offer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice, i like it, you are a web designing genius!

Unknown said...

One would think that after all of your efforts, you would have at least updated the "weekly," or should I say "weakly," poll.

Exist-Dissolve said...

Master Von Trapp--

I appreciate your appreciation (ha!) of the color and form which I have utilized in my new site design.

Concerning the advocacy of the web browsers, such is purely for the benefit of my reading/viewing audience.