2/22/2006

Larry Aplayton...No, Larry Appleton...Larry Aplayton...Oh, forget It...

Well, here I am, taking a break from my all-night study session. While combating delirium, I came across a wonderful memory. Yes, that's right, "Perfect Strangers." I think we all remember the late 80's early 90's break out sensation featuring that zany Meiposian, Balki.

I remember watching this show and I thought it was the greatest. That was, until the guys moved in with the girls. After that, it seemed as if all the "chemistry" (see picture to the right...hello!) was lost between Larry and Balki. Moreover, because of the girls always being around, they weren't able to get into their normally wacky escapades (I think we all remember the "invicible-balcony-bungee" episode... Yes, I know you do. Just admit it. You loved it.)

Anyway, thanks to modern technology, the entire 8 seasons (I think) of Perfect Strangers can be had on DVD for a modest $230. Not bad. Not great, admittedly, but not bad. You can get it here.

Anyway, my reminisces led to search for that delightful opening song and trailer and, well, I found it. (Singing loudly) "Standin' talllllll...on the wings of my dreams"... You must watch it. Here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree that this show reached it's climax upon the arrival of the girls. It truly marked the moment when the series "jumped the shark." Balci really warmed the hearts of the western world towards Bolshevism and the unified proletariat.

Exist-Dissolve said...

And what would we be, really, without the unified proletariat? Nothing, that's what.

Deviant Monk said...

Really, I think it showed that the unified proletariat has its uses for our general amusement.